Saturday 30 January 2016

Ariel Inspired Hat

Hi All!

So I made the Minnie Mouse hat for my oldest niece last week and my youngest niece wanted Ariel. So, I started looking all over the Internet for a pattern, but all I could find were links to Etsy to buy a hat. I didn't want to do that obviously so bravely, I started to do my own pattern. I was scared and afraid that it wouldn't work out but I am quite surprised and pleased with the results!




I wrote the pattern down so anyone can try this. Tweak it to your own preferences, and let me know how it turned out for you!

Ariel Hat – Size 3-5 years
Red Heart Soft Yarn – Deep Sea Colour
Size 5mm Hook

R1: ch 3; 10 dc in the 3rd chain from the hook; sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [10]
R2: ch 2, 2 dc in each st around, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [20]
R3: ch 2, (2 dc in the first st, 1 dc in the next st) 10 x, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [30]
R4: ch 2, (2 dc in the first st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts) 10 x, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [40]
R5: ch 2, (2 dc in the first st, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts) 10 x, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [50]
R6: ch 2, (2 dc in the first st, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts) 4 x, 1 dc in each remaining st around, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [54]
R7: ch 2, 1 dc in each st around, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [54]
R8: Same as R7

Switch to Red Heart Soft Yarn Lilac
R9-13: ch 2, 1 dc in each st around, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [54]
Fasten off, weave in ends

Star: Found on Youtube – I have 7 points instead of 5(somehow...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUQJv4gZ8Uw
Sew star on hat.

Hair – Cut strands 26cm each – I have about 15-20. Attach to hat by folding in half, and pull through loop (stitch) on band. Pull to side and keep adding until you have enough and pull into braid. If you want the hair longer, just cut the strands to whatever length you like! 

I really hope she likes it! I will start working on a Jasmine Inspired hat for my middle niece tonight. I will let you know how that one goes in the next couple of days!

End of Blog question... "What movies do you never get tired of watching?"
  1. Grease
  2. The Notebook
  3. Any Disney Movie
  4. High School Musical (No shame in admitting it)
  5. A Walk to Remember

Thanks for reading! Come back soon to read about the Jasmine hat and pattern!





No comments:

Post a Comment