Thursday 4 February 2016

Jasmine Inspired Hat

Hi Everyone!

As promised, here is the Jasmine Inspired hat for my niece. I made it to fit 21" circumference. It seems a little plain, but being 9, I was afraid she wouldn't want it all flashy. It's just simple, which I like. 




6-10 years (to fit 21″ circumference):
In Black

R1: ch 3; 10 dc in the 3rd chain from the hook; sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [10]
R2: ch 2, 2 dc in each st around, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [20]
R3: ch 2, (2 dc in the first st, 1 dc in the next st) 10 x, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [30]
R4: ch 2, (2 dc in the first st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts) 10 x, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [40]
R5: ch 2, (2 dc in the first st, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts) 10 x, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [50]
R6: ch 2, (2 dc in the first st, 1 dc in each of the next 4 sts) 7 x, 1 dc in each remaining st around, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [57]
R7: ch 2, 1 dc in each st around, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [57]
R8-R11: repeat R7 [57]
In Deep Sea Colour - 
R12-13, ch 2,
1 dc in each st around, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [57]
Rd 15 - ch 2,1 dc in each st around, sl st to the 1st dc of the round to join [57], weave in ends, fasten off

Braid - Cut strips of yarn to desired length, put three strands together and pull through loop on last round of hat. Pull to side and put into braid. 

I have taken a bit of a break from the big hats and have been making hats for the hospital. Its a quick and easy project that you can do at night watching tv (while drinking tea :)) I have a new favourite tea from Davids Tea... It's called Chocolate Macaroon and its a black tea and its amazing! Chocolate and Coconut and I'm not a black tea fan at all. I urge you all to try it! 

I will leave you with a few animal photos that make me happy!




Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment